Job Opportunity: Engineering Technician
Are you a passionate cyclist? Obsessed with marginal gains? Or have a keen interest in sporting performance, development and technology?
Silverstone Sports Engineering Hub has a unique and exciting opportunity for a competent and hands-on individual to join our expanding team and R&D facility as an Engineering Technician.
SSEH is a pioneering sports engineering facility, providing the tools and environment for innovation in sport, enabling engineers and sports performance professionals to undertake cutting-edge research and development. We provide services to a wide range of customers, ranging from independents to elite athletes and from manufacturers to race teams and Olympic campaigns.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team and will support SSEH with the operation, maintenance and development of the facility and the associated equipment including wind tunnels, mechanical test rigs, and human performance facility, as well as assisting with engineering projects and activities.
- – To support the general operation and up-keep of the SSEH R&D facility
- – To provide technical support with the operation of equipment and associated instrumentation to support and execute customer test sessions and programmes
- – To provide technical support to assist with servicing, maintenance and calibration of equipment and instrumentation
- – To assist with internal engineering projects and with the development of tools and services
- – To assist with implementing and maintaining H&S documentation, operating procedures and risk assessments
- – To assist with maintaining high standards of presentation, cleanliness and organisation within the SSEH facility, as maintaining a safe working environment
- – Highly motivated with a passion for cycling, sporting performance and development
- – Technical qualification such as BTEC, HTQ, HNC, HND, etc. Sports Technology or Sports Science Degrees may also be considered
- – Hands-on and competent in the handling of sensitive equipment and high-value products and components
- – A self-starter and team player with the ability to work independently
- – Proactive, well organised with a critical eye for detail
- – Able to demonstrate a practical and methodical approach to problem solving
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- – Flexible working, support evening or weekend customer requirements as necessary
- – All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Employment Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hit the Download button for a pdf on this thrilling opportunity!